Lightning Bolts - Toddlers - 2 - 3 Years Old
Our “lightning bolts” are all into creating.
Our desire for your child at this stage is:
- It’s all about learning sensory based things that spark the brain waves.
- They are introduced to problem-solving skills and ways to motivate them in a learning environment.
- They do crafts, worksheets and a lot of hands-on activities that motivates them to communicate in a social environment.
- We paint, draw, read books, enjoy circle time, manipulative play, small and large group experiences.
- We work on motor skill development such as tossing and catching objects, learning to walk from crawling.
- Communication development by sharing books and stories.
- Music by dancing, free movement and walking toys and various other outdoor experiences.
- Letter and number recognition.
- Shapes and colors.
- Opportunities presented for positive social interaction with fellow classmates.
- Daily schedule and routine that will allow response that this age group demands.
6:30am-8:00am Arrival, Breakfast in Infant Room
8:00am-8:15am Change Diapers, Wash Hands
8:15am-8:30am Circle Time
8:30am-9:00am Outside Play (Weather Permitting) Gross Motor Skills
9:00am-9:15am Change Diapers, Wash Hands
9:15am-9:30am Snack and Water
9:30am-9:45am Circle Time - Social Emotional Development
9:45am-10:00am Sensory Time
10:00am-10:15am Fine Motor Skills
10:15am-10:30am Language Development
10:30am-10:45am Center Time
10:45am-11:00am Story Time
11:00am-11:20am Prepare for Lunch, Diaper Changes, Wash Hands
11:20am-11:25am Sing Rhymes while waiting for lunch to be served
11:25am-12:00pm Serve Lunch, Clean Up, Wash Hands/Faces, Check Diapers
12:00pm-2:30pm Nap Time/Quiet Time
2:30pm-3:00pm Restroom, prepare for snack, Snack Time
3:00pm-3:30pm Sensory Time
3:30pm-3:45pm Cognitive Development
4:00pm-4:15pm Clean Up, Wash Hands/Faces, Check Diapers, change clothes if needed.
4:15pm-4:30pm Afternoon Cirle Time
4:30pm-4:45pm Center Time
4:45pm-5:00pm Prepare for Departure